Rules and Regulations
Paton Publishing, 3145 Wolfedale Rd, Mississauga , Ontario, L4W 3A9 an independent agency will draw on the 20th of every month starting from October 2012 to May 2013: one prize winner at random as described below.
Excerpts/answers from the chosen entries may be published on the Caps@School website, and all chosen entries will be eligible to win.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter to win the draw as outlined: (i) print/type your full name, student's name (only if lesson plan is submitted), school name, address, telephone number and email address on a piece of paper, and (ii) fax, email or mail, your entry along with one (1) completed activity (any one activity found in the Caps@School program - teachers section) or an overview of how you used the program in your class. One entry only per class. Mail your entry to 3145 Wolfedale Rd, Mississauga, ON, Canada , L5C 3A4, fax it to 1-888-294-8474 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must submit a completed student lesson plan or an overview of how you used the program in your classroom in order to be entered into the contest.
Your entry for each monthly draw must be received (via fax, email or mail post marked) by 11:59 p.m. EST on the 10th of every month from October 2012 to May 2013, to be eligible for the contest, the Washington Capitals, the contest sponsor ("Sponsor"), will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged or destroyed, stolen, falsified, incomprehensible, misdirected or postage due mail entries or errors in connection with this contest.
The prize consists of a class-set of autographed Washington Capitals pucks valued at $1,500. Or a player visit with a Chipotle burrito party valued at $195 (per party). The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received by the applicable entry deadline date. Limit one prize per class/student. The sponsor is unaware of how many entrants there may be. The winner(s) may come from any geographic area, so long as they otherwise qualify to enter the contest.
The winning entries will be selected in a random draw to be conducted by Paton Publishing at 3145 Wolfedale Rd, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L5C 3A9. The prize draw will be conducted on the date listed above from among all eligible entries. Selected entries will be contacted within 24 hours of the applicable draw by telephone or email at the telephone number or email address provided during the contest entry process. No contact will be made directly with students. Contact will be made with educators only. To win, selected entrants must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance and sign a form confirming compliance with the OFFICIAL RULES and acceptance of the prize as awarded. A winner's Liability and Publicity Release will need to be signed by an authorized representative of the winning school as well as by the parents/guardians of the winning class. If the selected entrant incorrectly answers the skill testing question, another entrant will be selected. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contest conditions, or contact cannot be made within such 24-hour period, that entry will be disqualified and Sponsor shall be entitled to select a new entry from among all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor is not responsible, whether as a result of human error or otherwise, for any failure to contact any potential winner. Once declared a winner, the selected entrant will be directed as to how to claim their prize, which will be delivered within a reasonable time.
1. The contest is only open to grade one through six classes of schools in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. Employees (and those with whom they are domiciled) of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents are not eligible to enter.
2. Participants agree to the use of their names, addresses (city/town) and likenesses (e.g. photo and video) for promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, for publication, and for marketing purposes by Sponsor, without further compensation or notification. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor.
3. This contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal and/or state laws and regulations. Participation in this contest constitutes full and complete acceptance of these rules and participants agree to be bound and abide by these rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein shall be the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
4. By entering the contest, participants agree to hold harmless Sponsor, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, directors, officers and employees against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of: (i) entrant's participation in the contest, (ii) the receipt or use of the prize awarded therein, or (iii) the administration of the contest and the distribution of the prize awarded therein.
5. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. The sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
6. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, tampering, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or authorized access to, or alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, viruses or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers or other connections, miscommunications, garbled, misrouted or scrambled transmissions, computer equipment, hardware or software, incomplete entries or errors otherwise, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading material in the contest.
7. Sponsor is collecting personal data about entrants for the sole purpose of administering this Contest. No further informational or marketing communications will be received by the entrant unless the entrant provides the Sponsor with explicit permission to do so as indicated on the entry form.